American Express Confirm Card
- Call a toll-free number to confirm receipt of an American Express credit card
- The cardholder will be unable to use their card until confirmation is complete
- AmericanExpress.com/ConfirmCard is operated by the American Express Company
- Card confirmation is free and takes less than 20 seconds
- Most American Express credit cards require good to excellent credit
- The is for cardholders in the United States only (customers in Canada or Europe will need to visit a different activation portal)
Update: Visit www.americanexpress.com/confirmcard is still being used as the official activation service for all AMEX credit cards. If you have any issues with the AMEX credit card please call the American Express customer service team and ask to speak with a customer agent or press 0.
Best AMEX credit cards?
- Blue Cash Preferred (creditcards.usnews.com)
- Amex EveryDay Credit Card (NerdWallet)
- Premier Gold Card (valuepenguin.com)
- AMEX Gold Rewards Card (CreditLiftoff.com)
- Freedom Unlimted Card (please note the Chase Freedom credit card has been discontinued)
As you can see the top credit card blogs are mixed meaning you have to do your own research to determine which card is right for you. We love the AMEX Gold card if you can afford it in terms of annual income requirements.
American Express Confirm Card is available with all credit cards issued by American Express to include the Cash Magnet Card, Amex EveryDay Credit Card, and Premier Rewards Gold Card. The Platinum Card, Blue Cash Preferred Card, Hilton Honors Ascend Card, The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card, Blue Cash Everyday Card, Amex EveryDay Preferred Credit Card, Hilton Honors Aspire Card and the ever-popular Blue Delta SkyMiles Credit Card.
Those who are lucky enough to receive an American Express credit card via US Mail will be ask to confirm receipt by visiting the confirmation URL www.americanexpress.com/confirmcard or by downloading the AMEX Mobile app.
Hence, consumers who have a fair credit score will want to look elsewhere.
Check out this comprehensive guide on credit cards for fair credit!
- Apply for an American Express credit card (we recommend the AMEX Gold Card)
- Be lucky enough to be approved
- Navigate to AmericanExpress.com/ConfirmCard
- Enter the 4 digit card ID
- Enter the 15 digit card number
- Presto the card is activated and ready to be used
- If the card cannot be used to make purchases please dial the toll-free number on the back of the American Express card ASAP
American Express Confirm Card Phone Number (and other AMEX phone numbers)
- Credit cards: 1-800-528-4800 (24 hours a day 7 days a week)
- Apply over the phone: 1-800-243-3888 (6 am to 2 am ET, 7 days)
- Pay a bill: 1-800-472-9297 (24 hours a day 7 days a week)
- Cash advance: 1-800-227-4669 (24/7)
- AMEX Gift Card: 1-877-297-4438 (8 am to midnight ET, 7 days)
- AMEX Prepaid: 1-866-207-7970 (24/7)
- Fax: Not found
The American Express corporate office is based at 200 Vesey Street lower Manhattan New York, NY 10285 United States and can be reached via phone by calling 212-640-2000. Please do not call this number in regards to americanexpress.com/confirmcard. American Express is found on the New York Stock Exchange under ticker AXP and is in competition with Discover, Capital One, and Chase. The company competes with Visa and Mastercard for consumer credit card dollars.
American Express Credit Cards (complete list)
- Cash Magnet Card
- Amex Everyday
- Premier Rewards Gold (THE BEST)
- The Platinum Card
- Blue Cash Preferred
- Hilton Honors Ascend Card
- Starwood Preferred Guest Card
- Gold Delta Sky Miles
- Blue Cash Everyday
- Amex Green Card
- Platinum Delta Sky Miles
- Hilton Honors Aspire
- Blue Delta SkyMiles
- Delta Sky Reserve Card
- Serve from American Express
Please note the exact credit card that is right for you will depend on your credit score, spending habits, lifestyle, and annual income.
Generally speaking, the American Express Premier Rewards credit card is a good bet.
However, many AMEX credit cards come with bonuses that may be preferred by a businessman or constant traveler!
American Express Confirm Card Website Sources
- americanexpress com confirmcard
Is my American Express card confirmed?
Wondering if you already confirmed your American Express Card? Simply dial the AMEX customer service team at 1-800-362-6033 to confirm activation/receipt of your card.
How long does it take for Amex to approve?
How long does it take to get approved for an American Express credit card? It can take a few minutes, a few hours, or a few weeks but never more than 4 weeks according to the AMEX customer service team.
Does Amex send a confirmation email?
American Express (AMEX) will send a confirmation email once the card has been mailed.