The Children’s Place is a popular US-based retailer of children’s clothes and accessories. They currently operate more than 1,000 stores, and are quite popular among parents and kids alike. They also offer a generous rewards program, called My Place Rewards, which awards shoppers with bonus points and discounts. To take full advantage of this program, there’s also a credit card for those interested. Keep reading for info on the Children’s Place Credit Card application.
Like most store credit cards, the My Place Rewards Credit Card offers bonus on purchases at Children’s Place stores. It also offers an easy way for parents to finance their purchases at Children’s Place.
Children’s Place Credit Card Application
- Users can follow this link to apply for Children’s Place credit cards
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply
- You need to have a valid government-issued photo ID and a tax ID number (SSN)
- You must have a street or APO/FPO mailing address. No PO boxes
- The card is offered by Comenity Capital Bank
Approval for this card is subject to credit approval. Not everyone will qualify for the card.
Click here to learn more.
Children’s Place Credit Card Review
So, is this card worthwhile? Should you go ahead with the Children’s Place credit card application?
If you shop frequently at The Children’s Place, the card may be worthwhile. Here are some of the benefits:
- 30% off your first credit card purchase
- 25% off for your Kids’ birthdays
- 20% off when you get your card
- Double rewards points in the My Place Rewards system
- Free standard shipping every day
Terms apply to these benefits – you can learn more here.
Keep in mind that the standard My Place Rewards perks are also pretty generous, even if you don’t have the credit card. The benefits don’t stack together, so if you’re already a My Place Rewards member, it may not be worthwhile to do the Children’s Place credit card application.
That said, the Rewards Points earned can be redeemed at a rate of 100 points for $5. That means that this card essentially earns 10% cashback on Children’s Place purchases. That’s a pretty decent rewards rate. However, keep in mind that Rewards members without the card still earn 5% back, so this isn’t a huge upgrade overall.
Pros and Cons
This card has some good and bad features. You should consider both before proceeding with the Children’s Place credit card application.
- No annual fee
- Easy approval even with less than ideal credit
- Good first-time purchase perks
- Good earning rate on Children’s Place purchases
- Can only be used at The Children’s Place. This is not a true credit card that can be used anywhere
- Some of the perks have restrictions during sales and special events
- Usually comes with a pretty low credit limit
- High interest rates
The big downside that many people overlook is that this is not a true credit card. It can only be used exclusively at The Children’s Place. This is one of the main differences between store cards and true credit cards. So, if you’re looking for a credit card to use elsewhere, this isn’t the right option. Check out our guide to the best credit cards for everyday use for more options.
In the end, this card may be worthwhile for frequent shoppers, but there are likely better options. That said, it’s easy to get approved for and offers decent perks for fans of The Children’s Place. Hopefully you have enjoyed this Children’s Place credit card review, and are prepared to make a decision. Let us know in the comments if you have any questions!