The Open Apply SimplyCash Plus Business Card from American Express is a powerful tool for small business owners.
It comes with a generous signup bonus of up to $500 in bonus cash back, along with other significant perks for you and your business.
It also currently offers a promo 0 percent APR for the first nine months. Keep reading for the Open Apply SimplyCash Plus business card review!
The card has no annual fee, and comes with the following signup bonus:
- $250 statement credit after spending $5,000 in the first six months
- Additional $250 statement credit after spending another $10,000 in the first year
Obviously, you have to spend a lot to earn the full bonus, but that fits well with a lot of businesses. This bonus is equivalent to earning an extra 0.033 percent back on the first $15,000 spent,
SimplyCash Plus Business Card Review
Overall, this is an excellent card for small business owners.
The card features several lucrative earning categories for small business owners, including:
- 5 percent back on U.S. office supply stores
- 5 percent back on wireless telephone services from U.S. service providers
- 3 percent cashback on one of the following (your choice)
- Airfare (direct from airlines)
- Hotel rooms (direct from hotels)
- Car rentals (direct from select rental agencies)
- U.S. gas stations
- U.S. restaurants
- U.S. advertising (select media)
- U.S. shipping
- U.S. cloud computing, computer hardware/software purchases (select providers)
- 1 percent cashback on everything else
This is one of the very few cards that allow you to choose your bonus category. It’s a great feature as every business is different. An eCommerce business could likely benefit most from 3 percent back on shipping, while an international consultant would benefit from 3 percent back on airfare.
And of course, the 5 percent cashback on office supplies and wireless phone service can really add up. This puts the card in direct competition with the Chase Ink, which offers similar earning categories.
For a no annual fee card, this product offers an impressive array of benefits, including:
- 0 percent APR for the first nine months
- Car rental loss and damage protection
- Purchase protection
- Integration with QuickBooks for easy bookkeeping
- Baggage insurance plan
- AMEX offers
- Much more
Is this card worthwhile for the average business owner? Definitely!
Since it has no annual fee, it’s worthwhile to keep long-term. And out of the no-annual-fee cards out there, it offers some of the best perks for small business owners.
Of course, the signup bonus is only a good deal if you can actually reach that level of spend ($15,000 in 12 months for the full bonus), but even without the signup bonus, this card is worthwhile. Thanks for reading our SimplyCash Plus Business card review – let us know if you have any questions!