Table of Contents
Suntrust Card Activation Guide and Reviews
So you have made the decision to add a Suntrust card to your wallet.
Good for you! But now you must go through the bothersome part of activating it at suntrust.com/activatemycard.
Lucky for you the activation process is super simple and is over faster than a jackrabbit on a date (whatever that means).
Please be sure to have the card in question on hand during the activation process or you may find yourself having to call the Suntrust customer service department (and no one wants to do that).
Activate Sun Trust Credit Card
- Activate a Sun Trust Credit Card online
- SunTrust.com/ActivateMyCard is owned and operated by Sun Trust Bank who is proud member FDIC
- The activation process is quick and super simple (even a caveman could do it)
All Sun Trust Credit Cards require the applicant to be a legal resident of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. Sun Trust Credit Cards are designed for consumers with a good to great credit score and an annual income of $50,000 or more.
In order to activate a SunTrust credit card please visit www.suntrust.com/activatemycard and provide the required information as instructed. Any questions in regards to SunTrust.com/ActivateMyCard can be directed to toll-free 1-800-SUNTRUST from 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday.
Customer Reviews (from real Suntrust Customers)
“The activation process was as simple as pie and took me less than 1 minute to complete online” – Sally Q New York, NY
“I was told the Suntrust credit card activation process was annoying at best and I should clear my entire weekend to accomplish this task! Biy was I misinformed! It took me exactly 34 seconds to activate my card online… easy as cake!” – Jack D. Austin, TX
“The activation process was neither easy nor hard. I would give it a solid C in terms of ease and difficulty level.” Joe A. Dallas, RX
Related: Best Credit Cards For Restaurants (aka people who like to chow down!)
SunTrust.com/ActivateMyCard Highlights and Lowlights
- Designed for Sun Trust Credit Cards only
- Sun Trust Credit Card holders can also dial the toll-free number of their welcome package in order to activate the card in question
- The toll-free activation number should be on a sticker attached to the credit card
What type of credit cards are offered by Sun Trust?
- Cash Rewards Credit Card (best for money-hungry consumers)
- Travel Rewards Credit Card (ideal for those who love to travel… for work or play!)
- Prime Rewards Credit Card (designed for consumers with less than ideal credit)
The SunTrust Cash Rewards Credit Card provides 5% Cash Back on up to $6,000 spent on gas and grocery qualifying purchases in the first 12 months and no annual fee.
The Travel Rewards Credit Card provides $250 Statement Credit after you spend $3,000 on qualifying purchases in the first three months after account opening BUT comes with a NASTY $89 annual fee after the first year.
The SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card offers a $100 statement credit after spending $500 within the first 3 months and NO ANNUAL FEE :).
Suntrust Card Bottom Line
The activation process with Suntrust credit cards is super easy. The only downfall is they don’t exactly offer the best credit cards on the planet.
Yes to the activation process… No to the credit card.
Suntrust Bank Sources