American Express Create Account
You will need to create an account with AMEX before you can take advantage of any of their online services.
To begin please visit www.americanexpress.com/createaccount.
You will need your 15 digit card number and 4 digit card ID.
The location of the 15 digit number may differ depending on the type of American Express Card.
American Express Customer Service
- Customer service: 1-800-528-4800
- Bill pay: 1-800-472-9297
- American Express Refer a Friend
- Internet access is required
- Corporate Purchasing Account, an Optima Line of Credit, or an Optima Consolidator Account
- You can use your billing zip code in lieu of the 4 digit ID number
- Can I cancel a payment? If you made a payment for today’s date, you may be able to cancel the payment through your online account. Just look for the payment you’d like to cancel. If it says “Processing,” you may be able to cancel your payment.
- Can I dispute a Pending Charge? Because pending charges are temporary and may change, only posted transactions can be disputed. If you have any immediate concerns about a pending charge, we recommend contacting the merchant directly.
- Can I redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit? You can use Membership Rewards points for statement credits toward eligible charges that appear in your “Recent Activity” or “Current Statement.” Please allow up to 48 hours for credits to be reflected on your Recent Activity.
- Can AMEX cards be used outside the United States? You should have no issue when using the card outside the US in MOST countries. Although places like China and Cuba may be dicey
- American Express card be used to make online payments? Absolutely! The only issue you may face is when using a card to deposit to gamblings sites.
Looking for a new credit card?
If you need a credit card check out the DoubleYourLine promotional offer.